All publications of PH-33536 . Antipolo , Philippines
How I Started my Journey as a Freelancer
By : Toochie T. Bandal
I have always been an employee and this was the mindset I had for almost 26 years. After graduating from college, I immediately applied for work and was lucky enough to get hired after 2 months of job hunting. That was the environment I ever knew existed. I was employed by a company, I work for them, then I get paid. My daily routine was: get up every morning at 5:00 am, prepare breakfast for the family, get my son ready for school, wait for his bus, get myself ready, go to work and brave the rush hour traffic that takes me around 1 ½ hours going to the office - either by public transport/carpooling/or bringing my car, work for around 8-10 hours at the office, then go home at night. By the time I was home, I was exhausted and drained to my bones. There was even a time when I had to bring my kid to work for almost 2 weeks because I couldn’t find a helper – who eventually never came back to work for us. During this time, I was already drained from work and keeping the house all by myself. My son was having problems with his academic standing too. This was the time when my husband and I decided that I should go full time as a homemaker.
So, I filed for early retirement from work and left the banking industry. But I still couldn’t quite give in to the idea of myself being a full-time housewife. I acted as a part-time Financial Advisor for one of the big names in the insurance industry. I was doing well during the first few months, however, the demands of my son’s school limited me from going full blast in insurance. Take note, I was also the head of the Parent-Teacher Association of my son’s class in Grades 9 and 10. Then I finally decided to concentrate on taking care of my family on a full-time basis.
The routine at home is tiring but very fulfilling. However, I noticed that I could still be productive, workwise, while I was at home. This was the time when I did my research on how to be a freelancer working from home.
It is not easy learning again from scratch and training myself for the tasks I am about to face. The freelancing industry is a whole new animal for me. Good thing I had help from different organizations offering trainings, coaching, apprenticeships, etc. on freelancing / virtual assistant services. I am still learning the ropes and hopefully will be able to successfully provide quality service to my clients.
These are the reasons why you should hire a virtual assistant:
• You will be relieved of administrative workload and focus on the important things about your company/business. Low-level tasks like email management, updating schedules, preparing graphic designs, checking your website, etc., should be assigned to someone who can handle all these while you work on growing your business without blowing up your cash flow.
• Virtual assistants (VAs) can help maintain and improve the products and services you offer in the market. They can monitor the product’s performance in the market, gather survey, compare with competitor’s products too. They can be your eyes and ears in the market and throughout your customer base.
• Keep your focus by making sure that your mental health is in check. The nitty-gritty work should be passed on to someone who is capable and who will also keep you sane while you work on the meaty stuff at the office and spend some quality time at home with your family. Some of the common tasks of a VA include, but not limited to:
• Administrative and office support functions;
• Front Desk tasks such as taking phone calls, managing appointments, hotel/venue bookings;
• Email management, sending responses, and filtering;
• Organizing your Google Drive, Dropbox, and other folders;
• Word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations;
• Research and Data entry; and
• HR tasks
Get in touch with me as I relieve you of administrative tasks and responsibilities so you can add more productive hours to your business. Virtual Assistants are a great add on to your business and can be an asset to the company. Hiring a V.A. will be a worthwhile investment as you plan for the future of your business.
For more information please check out my site https://toochie16.wordpress.com/ and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Site-Cafe-Virtual-Assistant-Services-2084031065175219/
#Virtual Assistant #Freelancing #VA for hire #SiteCafeVirtualAssistantServices #VA Services list